Tuesday 19 June 2007

First Night

Ah, the adventure of modern travel. I will spend the first night of my journey to India...in the London Heathrow Airport. Thanks to inexplicable delays on behalf of British Airways, I missed my connection to Delhi and cannot fly out until tomorrow morning. Of course, they claim that all the hotels in the area are booked (something about Ascot?) so I must take comfort in fake leather, lipstick-red lounge chairs, under a canopy of odd flourescent lighting. It should be restful.

But I am not alone. There is a crew of us...refugees of delayed flights, fully outfitted with contraband airplane blankets and those silly masks they give you. Plus, British Airways has generously provided us with multiple vouchers for food (or booze) so a group of us have congregated at the "cafe". One Italian, one Scot and one other American (who is headed to South Africa to volunteer with HIV/AIDS survivors). Many glasses of wine. Great conversation, great times. We will see how much sleep I get tonight.

1 comment:

bbv, llc said...

very cool, i get to be the first to comment ;). love the design ... but i wouldn't expect anything less from you. hope you get off the fake leather soon ... and on to the hot hot heat of humid India.